Breaking a leg or arm, needing a hip replacement, or being hospitalized for a medical illness can all take a toll on a body. Unless you’re very young and spry, chances are high that you may require physical or occupational therapy after such a life-changing event. Studies show that most individuals, particularly the elderly, prefer to heal at home rather than being placed in a skilled nursing facility to obtain physical and occupational therapy. In Rochester, MN, if you need assistance with physical, occupational, or speech therapy, Comfort Health has you covered with in-home therapy services, so you can heal at home.
If you have a medical illness and would benefit from nursing and support staff for physical and occupational therapy, consider the following benefits of in-home therapy services:
- Reduce falls and hospital readmissions. Everyone is more confident and comfortable in their own home and surroundings. Therefore, in-home therapy services will help to reduce falls and hospital readmissions.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services. If you have recently had surgery or suffered a medical illness such as a stroke and need physical, occupational, or speech therapy, consider in-home therapy services instead of a rehabilitation facility.
- Assess accessibility and safety of your home. Trained members of an in-home therapy service team can see issues with accessibility and make your home a safe place, preventing falls and other safety concerns.
- Close monitoring. While many individuals or families feel that the only safe place for close monitoring is in the hospital, this isn’t the case in today’s world. In-home therapy services allow the patient to be monitored closely at home through frequent visits.
- Develop a therapy program. Through an evaluation and working closely with physicians and other medical staff, in-home therapy services can help you or your loved one regain strength, movement, coordination, speech, or occupational skills to remain at home for the long-term.
In-home therapy services such as physical, occupational, or speech therapy are safe and effective and allow the individual more time in the comfort of their home. At Comfort Health, we understand where healing is found and that’s why we stand ready to help with physical, occupational, and speech therapy so you or your loved one can regain the strength, movement, coordination, speech, and occupational skills to stay in their homes longer. Contact Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, by calling (507) 281-2332, toll-free (800) 204-2332, or visit us here and heal at home with in-home therapy services.
No time to provide 24/7/365 care for your loved one? You understand that your parent or loved one will soon be in need of patient care management, but the process of finding a service to fit your needs is difficult and overwhelming. Having that first conversation with your loved one is hard and making sure everyone is in agreement and on the same page can add to the stress. In addition, neither family members or physicians and health care teams have extra time to squeeze out of their schedules. Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, provides patient care management services because we know how important it is to keep the elderly happy and healthy while still having their independence.
Keeping the lines of communication open between the patient, the caregiver, and the health care team is critical. Often a patient care management service serves as the “quarterback” to make the decisions at the right time for the best outcome of the patient’s medical needs. The duties of a patient care management service are many.
- Assess medical needs. Reviewing the medical record and visiting with the health care team, patient, and family will allow the care management service to assess the medical needs of the patient.
- Establish a care plan. Once the medical needs have been assessed, the care management service can begin to prepare a care plan to determine what care and how much will be necessary to keep the patient comfortable, healthy, and allow them the independence to stay in their own home if possible.
- Medication management. Medication administration can be quite difficult and, if not administered properly or on time, can lead to a catastrophe. A care management service can work with the health care team to reconcile medications and schedule follow-up visits.
- Connect with resources. Often the elderly don’t have the resources or the knowledge of what their medical care needs entail. A care management service can assist and connect them with social workers, behavioral health specialists, pharmacists, home health care providers, and palliative care.
- Regular interaction and follow-up services. Regular interaction with clients to help them manage their current conditions or help them to avoid other complications that could lead to hospital admission is extremely important. Follow-up services are also imperative to assist in scheduling hospital follow-up appointments or help with the transition from hospital to home.
We understand that you want the best for your family and that’s why Comfort Health would be the right fit for you. Our trained and knowledgeable staff stands ready to assist in care management services of your loved one or yourself. We also understand how important it is for the client to maintain their independence. If you’re looking for care management services in Rochester, MN, contact Comfort Health by calling (507) 281-2332 or searching Comfort Health.
Take 2 capsules in the morning, 1 at night; take 1 tablet by mouth every other day as symptoms persist; apply topically to affected areas; do not take this medication on an empty stomach or with alcohol. Wow! Medication management is a difficult task and can lead to dangerous complications if not followed as instructed. That’s why finding help with medication management is important for the safety and well-being of you or your loved one. Comfort Health in Rochester, MN provides medication management services for safe and appropriate medication administration.
For most individuals, the main reason they take medications is to improve their quality of life and overall well-being. However, taking multiple medications at different times of the day, different dosages, and for different health issues can be quite confusing. That’s why medication management services are helpful and have many benefits:
- Ensuring health of patients. Medication of any sort is nothing to play around with. Administering proper dosages is incredibly important as wrong doses coupled with interactions with other drugs can be very dangerous or even fatal. Medication management services helps to ensure the health of patients by confirming medications are reviewed, reconciled, and administered properly.
- Less stress on patient and family. Administration of medication can be stressful for the patient as well as the family. Why not let a medication management service help relieve the stress and prepare and administer medications for you or your loved one?
- Less emergency room visits, hospital stays, and additional illnesses. Failing or forgetting to take medications can lead to unexpected trips to the emergency room, hospital stays, additional illnesses, or serious consequences. Medication management services ensures prescriptions are filled and taken regularly and on time.
- Improvement in quality of life. When medications are taken as prescribed, there’s a definite improvement in the patient’s quality of life. Furthermore, medication administration through medication management services is provided by a professional and trained health care provider who works closely with the patient’s physician to ensure proper dosages and administration are followed and any drug interactions that could lead to serious consequences are prevented.
If you or someone you know could benefit from medication management services, contact Comfort Health in Rochester, MN. We know the importance of medication review, reconciliation, and administration. That’s why we provide a helpful tool through medication management services, so you can have the peace of mind that your loved one is being cared for in the best way possible, all while improving their quality of life, reducing emergency room or hospital visits, and avoiding the danger of incorrect administration.
Contact us today by calling (507) 281-2332, toll-free at (800) 204-2332, or visit us here for more information. Medication management can be a difficult task. Contact Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, and take advantage of our medication management services.
July 11 is “National Cheer Up the Lonely Day.” Although this may seem a little silly, there are many seniors that need some assistance with day-to-day activities and social interaction that comes with growing older. Comfort Health in Rochester, MN provides in-home companionship for seniors so that “National Cheer Up the Lonely Day” can be every day.
If you have a loved one who is growing in age and needs some supportive conversation, social interaction and outings, and encouragement, companion care services offer many benefits:
- Friendly and supportive conversation. Growing old can be lonely and having the peace of mind that someone is available for regular conversation can be encouraging and reassuring.
- Emotional support. Just knowing that a professional is available and nearby for emotional support of a senior can go a long way for the family as well as the client.
- Social activities. Getting involved in social activities that are interesting to the senior is important for their well-being.
- Light exercise. Going for walks or doing a light exercise program helps to stay alert and fit.
- As we grow older, it becomes more difficult to get to both medical and non-medical appointments. Companion services help to arrange transportation and accompany the senior to both medical and non-medical appointments.
- Monitor senior’s care, safety, and well-being. Handling household tasks can be difficult. Companion services assist with these duties and monitor the senior’s safety and well-being.
We all need a little encouragement from day-to-day and having a friend or professional’s help is important and welcomed. At Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, we understand how growing older can be lonely, discouraging, and difficult at times. That’s why we provide companion care to ease the burden on the family, give the peace-of-mind that a caregiver is present, and provide social interaction and assistance with some of the day-to-day activities. Our trained and professional staff is available to provide the best companion care possible through individualized services. Contact us today by calling (507) 281-2332 or visit us here! Our “National Cheer Up the Lonely Day” is every day with companion services.
Do you ever find yourself frustrated because you cannot remember things? Can’t think of the word you’re trying to say, or you totally forgot your spouse’s birthday? These things are pretty typical in daily life, but what if you or someone you love is struggling with severe memory loss, cognitive impairment, or even Alzheimer’s? June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month. If you are caring for someone with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s disease and need assistance with their care, find memory loss care in Rochester, MN from the caring professionals at Comfort Health.
If you are considering memory care or are searching for a memory care unit for your loved one, know what questions you need to ask to get the appropriate services to fit your needs:
- Monthly rate and services. Financials are important to know up front. What will the monthly rate be for housing and what services are included?
- Private or semi-private rooms. Would your loved one benefit from a private room or would they find the companionship of a roommate comforting?
- Other programs. Be sure to check into what other programs are offered at the center. For example, does the facility have an area to exercise, receive physical therapy, or participate in social activities?
- Staff-to-resident ratio. No one wants their loved one placed into a memory care unit and left alone and forgotten. Look into the staff-to-resident ratio to be sure your loved one is attended to and knows that someone is there to help when needed.
- Staff training. The level of staff training is very important to ensure your loved one is left in good hands. This, alone, will give you the peace of mind knowing everything will be okay after you leave.
- Communication. Inquire about how the facility or unit communicates with the family about the needs and well-being of a loved one.
- Meals, housekeeping, and laundry services. We all know that meals are important to keep your loved one strong and well. What types of meals are provided and who performs the housekeeping and laundry services?
These are a few of the questions that will help you determine what memory care unit will best fit the needs of your loved one. Caring for someone with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s is difficult, and that’s why you should look to Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, for professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate memory loss care. We provide complex skilled nursing and home health care services 24 hours a day, and our trained and monitored staff offer specialized care, so you can feel at ease knowing your loved one will be okay. June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month. Get the memory loss care you need from Comfort Health in Rochester, MN. Contact us today by calling (507) 281-2332 or visit us here for more information!
While none of us are getting any younger, our older population is wanting to live independently much longer. That’s why Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, provides on-site healthcare to several assisted living facilities to help seniors maintain their independence while still getting the aid they need. If you or a loved one is considering assisted living healthcare services in the Rochester, MN area, contact Comfort Health. We bring comfort home with our assisted living healthcare services.
Assisted living is a great opportunity to live independently and still enjoy an active lifestyle while receiving personal assistance with the activities of daily living. Services such as assistance with laundry, meal preparation, and other activities are provided in assisted living facilities.
Assisted living offers housing or apartments for lease with supportive services such as meal preparation and laundry available. In addition, if you or your loved one have health issues and need assistance with medication administration, dressing, bathing, or grocery shopping, in-home care providers are available to assist and even provide companionship.
The staff at Comfort Health provides around-the-clock care on the premise 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. This staff includes a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse or a home health aide to respond to scheduled and unscheduled calls.
If you or a loved one needs assisted living healthcare services in the Rochester, MN area, contact Comfort Health. Our trained, dedicated, and knowledgeable staff stand ready to assist you in getting you set with the right program and the right services because your priority is our priority. We pride ourselves on “bringing comfort home,” and that’s why we provide assisted living healthcare services to you through our quality staff. If you’re caring for someone who needs more quality and licensed expertise, contact us today by calling toll free (800) 204-2332 or locally (507) 281-2332 or searching Comfort Health. We bring comfort home with our assisted living healthcare services.
Having a loved one with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s can be quite stressful. How can I care for them? Do I need to find a care center? What is the environment like in the care center? Will the transition be easy? These are all important questions to ask to ensure the well-being of the loved one as well as the health and safety of the family member caring for them. Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, provides memory care services and will ensure you and your loved one receive professional and compassionate care every hour of every day. Check off items from your memory care facility search through Comfort Health.
The decision to place your loved one in a memory care facility can be agonizing and is critical to their well-being. Know what questions to ask and what to look for when beginning your search:
- What does the environment feel like? Is it welcoming and cozy so they will feel at home?
- Does the staff interact with the patients and with each other? If so, is the interaction warm and sincere?
- Are there activities to engage the residents and items to attract their attention?
- Are staff members trained in providing excellent care to patients with dementia or Alzheimer’s?
- Time spent with patients. Do staff members take the time to work with the patient or do they seem rushed and overwhelmed?
- Staff to patient ratio. What is the ratio of staff to patients so that appropriate time can be spent caring and giving attention to your loved one?
- Support for family members. Is support available for family members and are care conferences held regularly?
These are a few of the questions to get started when searching and finding the perfect memory care center for your loved one. At Comfort Health, we understand how difficult it may be for you and your loved one to “let go” and “move on.” That’s why we’re here to provide you with the best service, giving the most compassionate care 24/7/365. We provide complex, skilled nursing and home health care 24 hours a day for patients with memory loss. Our highly skilled and trained staff also offer specialized care and provide assistance with the daily cares of your loved one.
Contact us today by calling toll free (800) 204-2332, local (507) 281-2332, or view our memory care services here. Check off items from your memory care facility search through Comfort Health in Rochester, MN.
As a parent, there is nothing more important to you than your children and giving them a bright future. This is especially important if they are ill and need medical attention. That’s why choosing in-home pediatric health services that will benefit your child and leave you with peace of mind is of the utmost importance. Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, specializes in in-home pediatric health services for newborn infants, children, adolescents, and young adults so you know they will receive the best care that they need. Treat the future right with in-home pediatric health services.
Knowing what to look for and what questions to ask in pediatric in-home health services can be a daunting task. Do your research and follow the simple guidelines below.
- Reputation of pediatric health service provider. Research the reputation of the business and how long they have been providing services. Talk to others and see what their relationship with physicians and other healthcare providers in the area is to get a better idea.
- Employees and training. Do their employees have adequate training and the level of trust that is needed to care for your child? Are background checks performed on all employees and are they using the most up-to-date means of medical treatment and therapy?
- Compassionate care. Your child deserves not just care, but compassionate care for their medical needs. For example, is the provider patient when working with a child with mental or behavioral disorders? Do they take the appropriate amount of time to administer medications, and do they feel at home like your child is part of their own family?
- Personalized home care services available. Be certain to look into what services are available to your child. For example, are they available 24 hours per day?
At Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, we know how important the health and care of your child is to you and that’s why we specialize in 24-hour per day skilled nursing services. We dedicate ourselves to children with special needs and provide the trusted support to your family that is so very important. In addition, we provide IV therapy and nutritional support, ventilator and tracheostomy care, apnea monitoring and oxygen therapy, diabetic monitoring, medication maintenance, and management of asthma. We also assist with grooming, transfers, dressing, bathing and other personal needs. Our skilled nursing team provides services for developmental and behavioral difficulties as well as any short-term or long-term needs such as cancer, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, heart or respiratory conditions, and muscular dystrophy. Care for high-risk newborns and acute or chronic health needs of children are additional areas of expertise for the staff at Comfort Health.
If you’re in need of pediatric in-home health services in the Rochester, MN, area, contact the professional and skilled staff at Comfort Health. We’re devoted, experienced, and dedicated to providing services to children—our future—and want you to have the peace of mind knowing that your child is in the best hands and receiving the best care possible, so you can return to work and care for your household as well as other children and family members. Contact us today by calling (507) 281-2332 or toll-free at (800) 204-2332, or visiting us online. We treat our future right with pediatric in-home health services.
At some time or another, we’ve all had to make a trip to the doctor or an emergency room. During those visits we’ve all see how incredibly busy physicians or other health care providers are. You might find yourself wondering how these health care providers have the time to take consistent and proper care of so many ill patients day after day. At Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, we understand those concerns, and that’s why we work with our clients by providing care management services. Meet your health care goals with care management services from Comfort Health in Rochester, MN.
It’s no secret that working together to provide open communication, targeted planning, and care coordination of medical issues and concerns with providers benefits the patient and their families tremendously. The benefits of care management services are many:
- Help manage conditions and avoid complications. By working closely with a care coordination team, many complications can be avoided, particularly for someone who may live alone and doesn’t have the means to schedule or drive to appointments.
- Increase quality of life. Not only does care management service increase the quality of care, it increases the quality of life of patients as well. Providing patients the comfort that their medications, care, and other services are covered makes all the difference.
- Decrease hospitalizations. Having regular interactions with a care manager helps patients control their medical issues and reduce complications that often lead to visits to the emergency room or hospitalization.
- Connect with resources and set up care plans. Having medical concerns can be overwhelming at times with care plans, medication dosages, education, and frequent visits to see the health care provider. With care management services, a care coordinator will work with you and give you the resources needed such as pharmacy, social worker, or other needs for palliative care.
If you’ve found that your loved one is in need of additional help, someone to help them coordinate medical appointments, make home visits for blood pressure or glucose checks, or assist in setting up a care plan while establishing a good relationship with the health care provider, care management services may be of benefit to them.
At Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, we know how stressful these struggles can be when it comes to being more dependent on others for day-to-day living. Leave the stress and worry to us by arranging care management services for yourself or your loved one. Contact us today by calling (507) 281-2332 or visiting us here to meet your health care goals with care management services.
Do you have family that is spread out and would do anything to get together over the upcoming holiday season? Is it impossible for them to come to you to celebrate, or do you find it difficult to get to them because of an elderly loved one who’s unable to travel due to medical circumstances? Consider a travel nurse from Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, who can accompany your loved one on commercial airlines, chartered planes, and ground travel when they require nursing assistance. A travel nurse can allow you to have a holiday get together with loved ones.
The benefits of travel nurses are many:
- Ability to travel. Your loved one can travel and still have the care they need at their fingertips. Without a travel nurse, this opportunity may not be available.
- Nurse available at all times. In the event your loved one is immobile or has severe health issues, having a travel nurse available at all times allows them to receive the care they need and access to a medical specialist in case something happens during travel.
- Peace of mind. With a travel nurse by your loved one’s side, you have the peace of mind about them making the trip.
- Daily living assistance. Your loved one may have difficulty with the activities of daily living. Having a travel nurse available to aid them is of benefit to your loved one, you, family members, and friends.
- Time with loved ones. Life is fragile, and every moment is precious. Having time with your loved one is important. A travel nurse can make the trip possible so you can enjoy the moments together.
Comfort Health in Rochester, MN, has travel nurses available to accompany your loved one on commercial airlines, chartered planes, and ground travel when they may require nursing assistance. With extensive experience, our travel nurses assist clients who wish to travel nationally as well as worldwide. If you’re wishing to get together with your loved one for the upcoming holiday season and just aren’t sure it’s possible, fret no more. Leave the worry and organizing to our staff by calling (800) 204-2332, or visiting us here. We’ll help you get everything set and provide the peace of mind, so they’ll be safe during the travel and your loved one can enjoy the holiday reunion.